Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Pav's song for next season

I'm sure this 'issue' has been addressed before but, to put bluntly, we are not the most creative fans when it comes to invigorating new songs for our players. For Pav, we sound our appreciation with the 'Super Pav' chant, it's understandable and makes sense although, if i'm honest, a little dull and I feel there is much more potential for him.

Anyway, I was having one of those YouTube browsing moments, jumping from one video to the next despite not being a regular user of the website. But, I came across one video and, in the comment box, one user named 'MrYiddojoe' wrote in the following:

To the tune of 'The animals went in 2 by 2'

"He came to London from Spartak Moscow, Moscow!!
To play for Tottenham in attack yiddo, yiddo!!
He scores the goals and Tottenham win
And who the fuck is Arshavin
'Cos Pav-ly-uchenko's Tottenham's number 9"

Now I know opinion can be very split on an issue such as this but I feel that this particular chant is very innovative and makes it more appealing with the little dig at Arshavin.

Should Pav stay this summer I think it would be great if we could try and get this down White Hart Lane and be regularly sung every week. A great song for a player that fully deserves it.

What do you think?

Regards