Search This Blog

Sunday 31 May 2009

Redknapp to sell entire first team

How I hate the morning papers. I think it's fair to say that they decide a players' future before the player does and helps contribute to driving them out of their clubs, and for what, to fill an article every morning? But then again, that's life. I've read some crazy articles over the seasons, I'm sure we all have; some we glee with optimism and others we wish would hide away and never appear again.


After a rollercoaster of a season I'm sure we were all expecting a few changes at Tottenham this summer, expecting the usual unbelievable rumour to surface occasionally (or if you read the Mirror, every day) but this summer, despite the window not even open, has got to be the most bizarre 'silly season' ever. Reading the back pages today, in one article, no fewer than eight first team players are linked with moves away; these being: Zokora, Bale, Bentley, Pav, Huddlestone, Bent, Gomes and Modric. Now, do we really believe Harry will let all of these players go in one window despite the fact that Pav, Modric and Gomes have all stated they're staying?


Do journalists really get paid for this? Putting near enough every Spurs first team player in the same article and saying they're set to leave, how it annoys me. I'm surprised Lennons not in there, oh of course, he's just signed a new contract.. so he'll be linked away in a month or so. I'd love to see where the papers get their 'sources' from but to be honest I'm sure we're all getting sick of it, the odd rumour does make me laugh but when our whole first team is linked with moves away I feel like I've wasted my time reading a pointless article and what respect I had for that paper drops ever so lower.


I may start my own paper and stick the whole Arsenal team in one article saying they'll leave, I rarely see many of them about..



Regards,

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!