Search This Blog

Monday 6 December 2010

Harry rubbishes Ade rumours and admits Bale sale out of his hands

'Arry has stated that reports linking us with old Arse forward Adebayor are very wide of the mark and also insisted that Spurs are not looking to sell Gareth Bale:

"Absolute nonsense," Redknapp told TalkSport.
"I've never made any enquiries for Adebayor whatsoever. I keep seeing in the papers that we're after him. I've never ever asked about him or enquired about him."

"We don't want to sell Gareth Bale," he continued.
"At the end of the day it won't be my decision, it'll be above my head but it would take an absolute fortune one day to buy him.
"For me, at this particular time, he's got to be the Footballer of the Year in this country. I can't think of anyone who's done as well as him.
"He's not a player that we would really want to sell. You've got to hang onto your best players. If Tottenham want to be a club that's always looking to get in Champions League football you can't sell those players."

Although a striker does seem to be a growing need in Spurs' attacking department, finding and signing one that would bring a real difference to Spurs doesn't seem likely in January.

Any 30 goal a season strikers mooting about?

Regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!