Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Luka IS staying at Spurs

One of our many golden boys of the season have once again inevitably been linked with a move away from White Hart Lane in January, this time it being our midfield dynamo Luka Modric. Reports flew around today that Chelsea were looking to make a move for our Croatian; although Carlo would be wasting a phone call were he to make an enquiry.

Arguably one of our players of the season, Luka Modric signed a six year deal on the 30th May of this year and stated "Tottenham Hotspur gave me my chance in the Premier League and I want to go on to achieve great success here with them. Yes, there have been enquiries from other big clubs, but I have no interest in going anywhere. Last season's Top 4 finish was an indication of where we are as a Club and I feel I can continue to improve and go on to achieve everything I want to at Spurs"

Of course I don't know the boy but my perception of Luka is that he would be considered one of the more genuine type of over-paid footballers that grace the Premier League today. We're hardly struggling in the league and sit in a solid position just 4 points behind 4th place Chelsea. If only the script was played out as it should've against Wigan and West Ham then we could've been sitting a lot more comfortably. But still, no arguments with our current position and our current form.

Luka's enjoying some of the best football of his time at Spurs and I genuinely cannot see why he would look to leave a strong squad of players that has been built and nurtured by Harry, and a team that pose a very good chance at reaching the top four once again this season.

Levy's about as likely to listen to offers for Luka as he is for Bale, he'll have none of it. The player doesn't want to leave. Luka will stay.

Regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!