Search This Blog

Friday 24 December 2010

Robbie's new club.

The demise of once-hero Robbie Keane has been a sad site that we've had to endure as the season's have passed us by. The striker who was our joint top scorer in the 2007/2008 season alongside the sulky Bulgarian now finds his game time extremely limited having fallen down the pecking order at White Hart Lane. Alex McLeish feels he has a new home for Robbie at Birmingham after dropping a hint that he would be in the market for the ROI forward.

He said in the Daily Mail: "I'm going to be working with the board to bring enhancement to the forward area. That's a priority.

"We want to enhance our assault on the second half of the season. I have a fast and athletic forward in Cameron Jerome and I have a tall forward with Nikola Zigic.

"I'm now looking for someone with a bit of guile and craft and I've identified that type of player."

A part of me would be sad to see our old hero go once again and for the last time. Although, the boys not getting a look and we need real competition for places if we are to propel into the Champions League once again.

Regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!