Search This Blog

Friday 17 June 2011

Luka Wants Out. It's Official

Bombshell dropped. Dreams dented. Hopes shattered. Modders has finally declared he wants to move to Cheatscum. Yup, the ageing bunch with more money than sense. The same bunch that make our prawn sandwich brigade look like McDonald's regulars.

If you're scared easily. Look away now.

‘I want to leave Tottenham as friends. I have enjoyed my time there, but now it is right for me to look at another club.


'I have an arrangement with the chairman. When I signed my new contract, he said that, if another club came to sign me, they would consider the offer.’


‘Chelsea are a big club with an ambitious owner. They have great players and they have ambitions to fight for the title and win the Champions League.


‘I want to stay in London. I am very happy here and so are my family. I like the city.’


‘I don’t want to have an argument with Tottenham,’ said Modric. ‘The supporters have been very good to me and I have enjoyed my time playing for the club, but it is for football that players leave clubs and move. It has happened to Tottenham before. It is normal for a player to dream about playing for a bigger club.
This is not about money, it is about ambition. When I came to England, I was dreaming about winning titles. That is still the same.'


‘Tottenham are a big club, with good players and a good manager, but I want to fight for the championship. Spurs will always have a place in my heart. My experiences in the Champions League have left me with the desire for more.'


‘I need to talk with the chairman. I won’t ask for a transfer, no. That would be disrespectful. I hope they can reach an agreement (with another club) that is satisfactory for everyone. I am on holiday, but I need to speak and to see if I can find a solution to this.’

So there's the daunting reality. Good things don't last. A soulless club grasping another one of our family. Continue the talk on twitter by following us using the link on the right.

Knew that bid was a publicity stunt. No surprises Luka wants out days after Chelsea make their interest official.

Regards,
Balfrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!