Search This Blog

Sunday 23 January 2011

Lukaku talks Tottenham

January is never an easy time to bring in a top player; Villa did well. Our search for a striker hasn't materialised with Redknapp claiming Forlan's wages would be a stumbling block in any prospective deal. Suarez seems set on mid-table side Liverpool and Fabiano is still sitting on Sevilla's bench. One player that has entertained a move to a Premier League side is 17 year-old prodigy Romelu Lukaku and has hinted Tottenham, along with other sides, as a potential destination.

"Chelsea and Arsenal tried to sign me when I was 13, 14," he said.

"Chelsea is my favourite team. I have always said it and I have never hidden it. But it is not because Chelsea is my favourite team that I have to go there.

"There is also Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City. These big five are very interesting. Tottenham are also a good club.

"As a young kid you dream of playing in every big team. It is not because Chelsea is my favourite team that I have to specifically go there.

"I will see. It is something for my father and agent. There are so many clubs and big teams. For a young player sometimes you have to relax for a while and focus on your own team. I'm very happy with the situation at Anderlecht. I have the support of the club and other players. It is my environment and I've grown up here."

It would be hard to see us bringing a boy of this calibre to the Lane, especially as, despite his age, he'd command a substantial transfer fee and I'm sure Chelsea or Arsenal would infringe to scupper any move we'd make. Lukaku has knocked in 13 goals in just 20 games this season and has been playing first team football since the age of 16. Wow.

There's just over a week left of this window and we need to ensure we bring in a striker that could really push us back into the top four.

Regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!