Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 January 2011

"Someone might decide to 'smash' me but it doesn't bother me. I'll just get up and go again."

I have to admit to glancing through the Daily Mirror today although an interesting story did jump out at me. Our Welsh prodigy Gareth Bale has given us an insight on the key to his success this season, claiming that his old cross-country training have turned him into the Athlete today. He also added:

"Probably. I just think that if you have the chance in a game to go forward into a good area then that's the kind of sacrifice you make for your team.

"I don't think of it as a way of tiring out full-backs. I just do it until I'm tired.

"I think teams have doubled up on me, but that's a compliment in a way. I'm finding new ways to get past players in different positions - it's interesting and something I enjoy.

"If someone knocks me over I just get up, and if they keep doing it, eventually they'll get sent off.

"Someone might decide to 'smash' me but it doesn't bother me. I'll just get up and go again."

What a 12 months the boy's had, he could have his own 2010 montage and I'd never get bored of watching it. I'm not going to lie, it was also nice to see a Spurs story that didn't involve David Beckham for once. I'd like the player in but let's not let it drag and get bringing in a striker our next priority.

Regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!