Search This Blog

Monday 14 February 2011

AC Milan 2-0 Spurs

Let me begin by saying recently Rafa has tweeted: "Good news. Back on the pitch tomorrow, can’t wait to put on my shirt again!" Follow us on twitter here: http://twitter.com/#!/InsideN17 So the directions are pointing positively that our Dutchman will take part at the San Siro tomorrow.

But I'm afraid to say boys and girls that I can't look beyond Milan for this game. As good as our home form in the Champions League has been this season, we've conceded masses of goals on our travels and with a front line of Ibra, Pato and City flop Robinho for Daws and Gallas to defend against, confidence isn't high for this one.

Maybe it's the pessimist in me. We've played at the San Siro this season and if we have a first half as bad as we did against Inter there, then we could be kissing goodbye to our European adventure before half time. A slow start will cost us. We must ensure we look to park that famous bus we stuck in front of Mourinho's men against Chelsea a few seasons back and leave it there for 90 minutes.

I'm sure Harry will be telling Gallas to strap up his ankle properly before kicking off although I hear he's only taken the 8 pairs of boots out with him. The key to picking up a result will rest on our back four. If we tighten up the screws at the back then our ability to break on the counter could prove decisive.

But still, first leg, I'm going 2-0 Milan.

Your thoughts?

Regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!