Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 February 2011

World Cup Finalist Wants Spurs Move

I'm sure by now that I'm not the only one sick of all the transfer talk surrounding Spurs after a hectic deadline day last week. You could almost smell the desperation amounting from Levy and Redknapp as they battled to bring in a forward.. oh, and of course, Phil Neville.

But one of the many targets has admitted that he would be in favour of a move to North London; coming in the shape of Mark Van Bommel. The Dutch midfielder has been a Spurs target for quite a few years now and the 33 year-old has hinted that he could make a switch to Spurs in the summer.

"We had some contact with Spurs," he told Sky Sports News. "Unfortunately it didn't work out in the end.

"It's one of my favourite clubs in England, that's all I really want to say.

"I really love the stadium. I know the training ground because I've been there with the Dutch national team.

"Rafael has told me a lot of good stories. I'd love to play for Spurs. I've told Rafael that as well.

"I don't know how things will go. I'm pleased with what Harry Redknapp's said about me. That's always positive.

"It's not good to look back. You've got to look to the future. I'm happy at Milan, but you never know what will happen."

Is he past it? Maybe he's pushing it, but I'd still love to see Van Bommel line up alongside Luka in the middle of the park. But we'll see, maybe he'd fancy another season in Milan next year. Your thoughts?

Regards.

Follow us on our Brand New Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/InsideN17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!