Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 June 2009

The FA hate Tottenham

As I'm sure many of you did, I was quick to ensure I was at a computer today at 10.00am eagerly anticipating the fixture list for next season. Why this is so exciting, I don't know. I looked at our first game in hope that finally, for the first time for donkey's, we may actually get a home game. For the last few seasons, we have always been allocated awkward ties such as Sunderland, 'Boro and Bolton away- the teams we seem to never really get much at. Coincidence? I'll let you decide that.

So I browse at our home fixture for the start of the 2009/2010 season and find that yes, we have a home game, but it is also against Liverpool- a team that only lost twice in the league last year and will be looking to pip United to the Premiership.. finally. Now, I'm not 100% sure how the fixtures are drawn, but it always seems to be that we never come out with a 'nice' start to the season. The last time we won on opening day was in 2004, and that was still away from home against-then newly promoted Portsmouth.

Sir Alex complained last year about how 'unfair' United's fixture list is but, unsurprisingly, they are at home- again. Their run-in looks a lot nicer this season, maybe Harry should have a big moan at the FA, we may then have a decent start for the first time in half a decade. I also notice that in the last five weeks of the season we play Arsenal, Chelsea and United away from home consecutively, thanks.

So there we have it, another poor start to the season will see us stuck amongst the foot of the league- we should almost be use to it by now.

Regards,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!