Search This Blog

Saturday 20 June 2009

Pav to bottle England

I feel a sense of deja vu when talking about Pavlyuchenko. Not to long ago I wrote about the fact that Stuggart wanted our Russian front man but thought nothing of it, until today. Pav's agent Oleg Artemov, would you trust a guy called Oleg anyway, reported in the 'Mirror':

"I am busy with the search for a new club for Roman."
"But it is still too early to begin intensive negotiations. A lot is going to depend on the player's opinion and that of Tottenham.
"What I know for sure is that Tottenham are not going to lose money and sell Pavlyuchenko just anywhere and for any money.
"I talked to Daniel Levy. He told me that he doesn't think that Roman has become cheaper now. Forwards are always in short supply in football and their value shouldn't drop even in the credit crunch times."

Now, whether Pav's agent, Oleg, is after a few extra bob due to these 'harsh' financial times, I don't know. Maybe Pav cut his wages as his appearance fees aren't as high as he maybe thought at the start of the season? Firstly, the fact that the Mirror reported this sends relief through me, as you probably guessed. Secondly, the fact that Daniel Levy thinks he can recoup £14m for a player that only netted 12 goals last year leaves me, well, shocked. Maybe Levy doesn't want him to leave either? And lastly, I'm not believing anything until Harry or Roman confirm this- this is Pav's agent after all, he probably got his English mixed up.

Anyway, I'm sure the Daily Mirror slipped a few notes in Oleg's pocket to say these things. I mean they do love a good transfer rumour, don't they?

Regards,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!