Search This Blog

Thursday 23 July 2009

Spurs ARE in the hunt for Klass

On a day where once again I held my head in my hands after seeing that two Championship players are suppose to get us Champions League football, I thoroughly believed that any optimism I once had for Tottenham had disappeared as soon as the two Kyle's arrived at Spurs Lodge.

Then, understandably, Redknapp jumps to save his own skin (and the enthusiasm of many Spurs fans) by insisting that we very much are looking to sign Klass-Jan Huntelaar of Real Madrid. Dare a smile stretch across my face?

Redknapp stated: "The lad is a very good goalscorer and I'm still interested in him, I know of Stuttgart's involvement but I'm hoping we will still be able to do something.
"There's a lot of talk about who I may or may not be after but Huntelaar is the one I like."

I don't need to talk about whether this signing would be a good one. The only negative aspect of this sort of deal is that our top scorer Darren Bent may feel disillusioned and choose to leave; whether this is good is another matter. Let's just hope Arsene keeps with his policy and continues to only look at players that have only just hit puberty and choose to not go in for Huntelaar.

Now all we have to do is sign him.

Regards,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!